Skin Allergy Reactions
Skin allergy is a common allergic condition that results in itching, swelling and redness of skin. The allergy reactions can be broadly categorized as;
- Eczema which is characterized by Itchy bruises, swellings or extremely dry patches of skin that are red or dark brown in color and when peeled off release fluid.
- Hives (Urticaria) is one of the allergy reactions which results in red, itching and swelled skin which vary in size and appears on all part of body while in Angioedema the skin is not red or itchy but it effects the underlying skin of eye lids, hand, feet, & mouth. It mostly appears with hives.
- Contact Dermatitisis is another of the skin allergy reactions when it comes in contact with the allergen causing rash. It results in painful redness and swelling of the skin. It persists for as long as 28 day along with treatment.
Food Allergy Reactions
It occurred when our body immune system incorrectly marked some food content as harmful and reacts inflating to it. The immune cells will release certain chemicals in our blood e.g. histamine. Such chemical results in allergy reactions on different parts of the body. Some of which are;
- Hives & Rashes
- Swollen lips, face, body
- Difficulty in breathing, Congestion
Reactions to allergy shots
Allergy shots are an efficient treatment to Allergy reactions. In which a small amount of allergen is introduced in the person’s body with the aim of building immunity against such allergen and thus curbing the chances of massive reactions to it. Allergy shots are often safe but in few cases following Allergy reactions may occur;
- General includes Swelling & redness of skin where shot is injected. They usually appear straight away or after a few hours of injection.
- Systematic includes Hives, runny nose, sneezing etc. they are not frequent and settle shortly with treatment.
- Acute; Scarcely cases appear where allergy shot results in severe reactions i.e. anaphylaxis effecting blood stream, digestion, and respirations by lowering blood flow, congestion, dizziness and even stroke. Such conditions appear within 30 minutes after the administration of the shot.